Full time Director of the Pediatric Speech-Language Pathology department at Child Success Center in Santa Monica, CA.
Are you looking to take the next step?
Do you enjoy working in a collaborative clinical setting with a team that supports your personal and professional growth?
Do you love beach air?.
Do you desire to feel valued and work side by side with the family.
The CSC team is a strong, kind and supportive group of professionals with advanced practice and joy and gratitude for the opportunity to work together every day. Our Director has been assessing and treating children for 30 years and is excited to find a strong clinician to lead the Speech-Language Pathology team from strength to strength.
Our interdisciplinary clinic WITH 4000 square feet of STATE OF THE ART SENSORY MOTOR GYM offers occupational therapy, educational therapy, and Speech-Language Pathology for children and infants with various diagnoses such as developmental delays and fine motor and gross motor, sensory processing disorders, feeding challenges, speech disorders, language disorders, motor disorders, apraxia, auditory processing, social skills deficiencies, autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, learning challenges and much more.
Our combined team of 23 clinicians (Occupational Therapist's, Speech-Language Pathologist's and Educational Therapist's), working together creates a strong support system that encourages a child's developmental growth. There is also wonderful parent participation as well as collaboration with outside professionals. We have many opportunities for mentorship, professional and clinical growth.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. General knowledge and understanding of all areas of speech and language (receptive language, expressive language, articulation, phonology, apraxia, oral motor, feeding, pragmatics, and auditory processing) for ages 1 – 12.
2. Assessment and treatment of a variety of pediatric diagnosis. A strong background in Oral motor assessment and treatment is required.
3. Strong documentation and communication skills to work directly with parents and educators
4. Training in PROMPT, Talk Tools, Hannen, Social Thinking etc preferred
5. Management: Taking Intake calls, guiding new families, collaborating with the Speech-Language Pathology team, community outreach and marketing
1. Masters in Speech-Language Pathology
2. CA license
3. 5 plus years of clinic experience in pediatric
4. Interested in best practices/research
2. Passionate for learning and growing
3. Have an understanding of sensory integration and desire to learn more
4. Oral motor training
5. Solid written language skills for reports.
Additional Salary Information: Bonus based on growth of the department
Internal Number: 00001
About Child Success Center
We are an exciting concept in early learning. Through our multidisciplinary team we are able to support the needs of the whole child. We offer, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy and educational therapy as well as enrichment programs to support learning. The center is housed in 4000 square feet of creative gym and professional office space. Our mission is to support the growth and professional development of all staff.