The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you!
As the Senior Administrative Assistant, YOU will be an essential member of our department providing complex administrative assistance for the Executive team and Administration Office at Banner University. This includes coordination of communications, maintaining calendars, coordinating projects, running reports in Excel, analyzing data, and scheduling meetings and conferences. This position requires detailed knowledge of department's area of responsibility and general knowledge of company policies, practices, and operations in order to respond to routine and non-routine inquiries from callers, visitors, venders and patients; and gathering background information for sensitive and confidential reports, as well as identifying solutions and resolving administrative problems. Schedule is Mon-Fri, 7:30am - 4:00pm with some flexibility to come in earlier or stay a bit later when needed.
We are seeking candidates with 3+ years of senior level administrative experience supporting multiple Sr ("C-Suite") executives. Experience in a Hospital or Healthcare environment a plus. Proficient and accurate typing and PC skills with advanced MS Office skills in PowerPoint and Excel Outlook, Word, Visio. Critical thinking skills and ability to be self-directed, prioritize and multitask in a very busy office is a must. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required to effectively interact with all levels of the organization. Must convey a professional image to effectively represent the organization as appropriate in its relationship with external customers.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position supports a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Corporate Senior Leadership Team (SLT) members, a senior director, or member(s) of facility senior leadership teams by providing clerical and administrative services and assistance, of moderate complexity, requiring the use of judgment and discretion on a periodic basis. This position may also support other SMT members or senior directors as needed.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical and administrative function of the office, which often can not be brought to the attention of the executive. This includes summarizing the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist their supervisor; coordinating the new information with background office sources; and drawing attention to important aspects or conflict.
2. Interprets request and helps implement action, as well as decides whether the executive should be notified of important or emergency matters, as needed. In the absence of their supervisor, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member.
3. Coordinates, handles, and/or completes recurring projects or one-time projects, as directed by supervisor.
4. Screens telephone calls and visitors, ascertaining who can be redirected to subordinate management. Provides information to callers, including key internal or external sources, which requires comprehensive knowledge of organization policies, practices and operations.
5. Maintains supervisor's calendar, regularly arranging meetings, conferences, and appointments without clearance. Arranges hotel and travel accommodations for frequent, extended trips.
6. Prepares special or one time reports, presentation materials, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources. May assist in the research, analysis and interpretation of data under the direction of management.
7. Performs a broad range of administrative support details on a regular basis, requiring initiative and judgment to make independent decisions for which probable errors may have moderate effect on cost impacts on organizational outcomes.
8. May hire, train, conduct performance reviews, and direct the workflow for the department staff. This includes completing projects by assigning work to clerical staff and following-up on results.
9. This position primarily focuses on the operations of the office of the system SMT (Sr. Mgmt Team) member, senior director, facility CEO or large facility CNO to which this position reports. Responsibilities extend across organizational lines, requiring extensive interaction and involvement throughout the system/facility, as well as the community. This position routinely interacts with SMT, board members, physicians, patients, board members, employees, the media, as well as business and community leaders.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. A strong working knowledge of administrative/specialized business support services as normally demonstrated through three to four years administrative support experience at a progressively responsible level required.
Must have written communication skills to edit and proofread business correspondence and reports. Also requires the ability to type accurately and efficiently from rough draft and machine transcription or personal dictation, involving standard business vocabulary, using common word processing programs. Must have the ability to acquire and utilize a thorough knowledge of organization policies, practices, and operations and oral communication skills to perform routine administrative details, such as arranging meetings, responding to non-routine inquires from telephone callers or visitors, and gathering background information for sensitive or confidential reports. Must have the ability to analyze routine administrative details of limited complexity, such as resolving minor scheduling conflicts, redirecting mail, etc. Must have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of the organization. Must possess the ability to convey a professional image, as well as, effectively represent the organization as appropriate in its relationship with external customers. Must have a working knowledge of personal software packages to perform the administrative functions described above.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R26766
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.