Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Admin / Clerical
Materials Management Coordinator
UofL Health, Frazier Rehabilitation Hospital - Brownsboro
UofL Health and Lifepoint Rehabilitation (formerly Kindred) have announced a joint venture to build and operate an inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Louisville, Kentucky.
This new 40-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital will be located at 5000 Chamberlain Lane, near the intersection of I-71 and I-265 in the northeast area of Jefferson County, and will serve the growing East End of Jefferson County and adjacent counties. The approximately 55,000-square-foot, two-story rehabilitation facility will have all private rooms and focus on acute rehabilitation for patients who suffer from stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex neurological disorders, orthopedic conditions, multiple trauma, amputation and other injuries or disorders. Large multidisciplinary therapy gymnasiums will be outfitted with the latest therapeutic technologies, including augmented reality balance training, therapy bionics and a full body exoskeleton. The hospital will also include a therapeutic courtyard with exterior amenities.
UofL Health - Frazier Rehab Institute is recognized nationally as an innovator in rehab care. For more than six decades, patients from across the world have sought out Frazier Rehab for life-enhancing treatments and therapies. The new facility is expected to help manage the growing needs of the region and will free up access to the array of specialty programs at its downtown location with one common goal - helping people of all ages with disabilities reach their fullest potential in physical and cognitive functioning.
This individual is responsible for ordering, receiving and stocking supplies. Issues and tracks purchase orders on a daily basis, identifies trends that affect the input of this information as well as the hospital's operation.
- Identifies inventory needs for all departments in hospital. Orders both medical and office supplies as needed. Also, returns all unused or misordered supplies to vendor in a timely fashion.
- Informs Leadership when recalled medical supplies are issued and remove recalled supplies from clean supply rooms.
- Stocks and labels all charged medical and office supplies.
- Maintains and organizes all medical supply and office storage locations.
- Revises information in computer system(s) as needed.
- Communicates with Leadership to ensure inventory levels are sufficient. Will also keep Leadership informed of any special inventory needs.
- Coordinates purchase orders and packing slips for timely and accurate payment processing.
- Provides professional, accurate and timely service in all material management functions.
- Informs the Controller when a new inventory item is requested and informs the Plant Operations Manager when new hazardous materials are purchased.
- Maintains a log of rental equipment and daily usage. Ensures that rental equipment is returned on a timely basis.
- Demonstrates ongoing competency skills including population-specific competencies, above level problem solving skills and decision making abilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required. Some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in purchasing preferred.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with co-workers, physicans and patients.
- Good Communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.