Optum New Mexico is seeking a full-time Physiatrist to join our Pain Medicine Team in Albuquerque.At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally.
- Perform outpatient musculoskeletal and neuromuscular pain diagnoses and treatments
- Develop functional assessments of pain issues including acute and chronic pain, headaches, musculoskeletal problems such as back and neck pain, tendonitis, pinched nerves, osteoarthritis, myalgia, post herpetic neuralgia, carpal tunnel and fibromyalgia
- Treat patients of all ages afflicted with painful and function-limiting musculoskeletal disorders of the spine, peripheral joints, and soft tissues such as sprains/strains, disc herniations, rheumatologic conditions and athletic injuries
- Prescribe therapeutic exercise and other rehabilitation modalities
- Recommend therapy techniques, interventional pain procedures and rehabilitation plans
- Perform injection techniques such as peripheral nerve blockade, trigger point injections, large and small joint injections
- Interpretation of electrodiagnostic studies including electromyography, nerve conduction studies, and evoked potentials to diagnose carpal tunnel and pinched nerves or other pain related issues
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can’t do it alone – this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are a top performer of the Quadruple Aim initiative in New Mexico
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community or our local organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, United Health stock options
- Generous Continuing Medical Education program
- Robust Relocation program
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Excellent PTO package
- Generous retirement program including employer funded contributions (401K)
- Eight paid holidays a year
Optum New Mexico
We are happy to call Albuquerque, New Mexico home. With the tail of the Rockies at our doorstep, we have world-class hiking, biking and skiing at our fingertips. Coupled with amazing scenery, a diverse culture, remarkable food and a world-renowned art scene, it’s no wonder we’re the “Secret of the Southwest!”
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2020 Optum. All rights reserved.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must have completed an accredited residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Must be board certified or board eligible in specialty
- Active and unrestricted license in the State of New Mexico or ability to obtain prior to employment
- DEA license or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Experience in providing patient care under a Global Risk/Medicare Advantage Model
The Optum Story:
At Optum, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey at www.workatoptum.com.
Job Keywords: Physiatrist, Pain Medicine, Physicial Medicine, Rehabilitation, NM, New Mexico