Atlantic Health System is seeking a full-time Secretary/Technician in the Neuro/Medical Kahn 5 Unit at Morristown Medical Center to work 3P-11P, including every other weekend.
- Answering phones
- Answering and responding appropriately to call bells
- Greeting patients and families
- Assisting charge nurse with bed management and bed assignments
- Patient chart maintenance
- Walking patients throughout the shift and having them participate in physical therapy activities
- Supporting nursing personnel in providing direct patient care
- Assisting patients with daily activities
- Measuring and recording vital signs
- Administering basic treatments
- Helping to ensure a safe care environment
- Continuous rounding throughout shift to ensure patient and family needs
- Ensuring patients and families have a positive patient experience by exhibiting PRIDE behaviors, rounding, collaboration, teamwork and a positive attitude
- High School diploma or GED required
- Nursing assistant in an acute care setting and/or secretary experience in a hospital or medical office setting preferred
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred
- Candidate must have excellent communication, customer service skills, telephone etiquette, and computer skills.
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have positive customer service skills every aspect of their job.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's 'Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For' list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.
Please See Above